How You Can Help
The Diabetes Research Institute has been dedicated to finding a cure for type 1 diabetes for over 50 years. We are looking for the next generation of leaders to help us cross the finish line!
The Diabetes Research Institute Foundation is looking for young professionals eager to support the mission of finding a biological cure for diabetes through their giving, service, and ambassadorship!
This program will gather like-minded leaders in the diabetes community for private discussions with DRI researchers, site visits, social events, and more.
Reasons to Join
1. Accelerate the timeline to a cure – Your support will increase the number of research projects DRIF can fund at the DRI, fast tracking research from bench to bedside.
2. Connect with diabetes experts – Council members will have front row access to the world’s leading diabetes researchers.
3. Level up your leadership – The New Leadership Council has the flexibility to allow members to support the work of DRIF in the area and at the level that suits their responsibilities and lifestyle. Opportunities include event planning, stewardship, and ambassadorship.
4. Grow as a philanthropist – New Leadership Council will feature educational programming from professionals and DRIF volunteers on strategy in philanthropy, so you can maximize your impact.
5. Meet like-minded leaders – Whether you are a longtime member of the DRIF family or new to our work, New Leadership Council will connect you with members of the diabetes community in your own backyard.
Become a Member
All New Leadership Council members have access to the same experience regardless of financial commitment. The Council is designed to facilitate the growth of members as ambassadors and philanthropists. Consequently, the program provides the flexibility for members to support the DRI at three commitment levels.
Three-year pledge of $1,000, $2,500, or $5,000, annually.
Pledges can be paid annually, quarterly, or monthly. Membership gifts are unrestricted and 100% tax deductible.
Research update from Dr. Skyler
Welcome and DRIF overview from Sean Kramer
Best Practices in Philanthropy with DRIF National Board of Directors
Meet the Scientist
Mixer with DRIF Young Leaders
Meet the Scientist
Tour of the DRI Miami, FL
End of Year Celebration TBD