(January 2021) Although 2020 was an unprecedented year filled with challenges, we are grateful to be able to look back at some achievements that were made in our search for a cure to diabetes, reminding us that Hope Isn’t Quarantined.
With 2020 in our near rearview, we are excited to look ahead to the year that can be in 2021. We look towards renewed hope for our nation, for our health, and for a cure for diabetes.
Our organization spent the past year reexamining our systems, structures, and our messaging. We reimagined the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation in the face of record challenges. I am proud to say that we have not just survived but we thrived. We were able to generate more funds in 2020 than we did in the previous year, in the midst of a pandemic. We could not have done that without your support.
Your support will be needed now more than ever as we embark on incredibly ambitious goals. We look ahead towards our organizational resolutions, which include:
- Accelerating research towards a cure
- Adding innovative scientists to the Diabetes Research Institute team
- Collaborating more closely with the diabetes community
- Expanding our reach to more people
When I started my tenure at the DRIF a year ago, I was filled with hope and excitement about what we would be able to do together as a team and as a community. The past year has shown me how much more we are capable of and our goal is nothing short of attainable. We will work as hard as we can to continue to raise the funds our researchers need to do their job. We need each of you to find your own resolutions, as well. There are so many ways to help! A few ideas include:
- Maintaining your level of trust and hope in the scientists at the DRI to find a cure
- Finding one person who has not heard of the DRI Foundation and encourage them to get involved
- Participating in an activity that advances us towards a cure
I am confident that together we can fulfill the promise that was made when our organization was founded. We will not stop until we find a cure. Please join our mission and get involved!