Create an Event
Join Team DRI – Organize a Fundraising Event
Team DRI Bike Ride – Cycling toward a cure for type 1 diabetes.
Tips for Planning Your Fundraising Event
1. Identify event type and date – Establish an event that plays to your strength and talents, that’s also realistic to execute with the time and resources you’re able to dedicate.
2. Form an event committee – Bring together a group of enthusiastic and diverse people who share an interest in raising money to advance DRIF’s mission.
3. Create guest list – Identify who in your network is most likely to attend and support your event
4. Set a fundraising goal and create a budget – Identify how much money you think you can raise and budget accordingly. As a rule of thumb, for every $1.00 raised, no more than $0.30 should be spent. (For example, if your event raises $100,000 to support DRIF, your approximate spend should be around $30,000).
5. Develop an event timeline – Start from the event date and work backwards to create a logistics and publicity timeline that need to be completed, in order to execute a successful event.
6. Create an event page – Event Request Form
7. Promote your event – Send invitations, write a press release, media alert, feature on social media.
8. Collect all donations – Friends can support by making donations directly on the event web page or by writing a check to DRIF. All checks should be made out to: Diabetes Research Institute Foundation
9. Be gracious – Show your appreciation and send thank you notes, letters or emails to everyone who participated and helped to make your event a success.